martes, 20 de febrero de 2018

How to find cheap acommodation/lodging when travelling



Hi everybody!
Here I am another month with the travel tips. Today I am going to talk about how I look for lodging when travelling, which is something important, usually more expensive than the flight and that rises the budget.
I, who do not travel alone, used to rent a flat or book a hostel room.
They are cheap options as they include kitchen and we are not forced to eat outside.
Once we have decided where we are going to travel (and whether we are going to stay in that city or if we are going to travel to other places), I visit hostelworld to see what the hostel are and where they are. Once located, I visit their own site and make a list with the prices (WE HAVE TO MAKE SURE IF THE PRICE IS FOR THE ROOM OR FOR JUST THE BED). Visit booking or suchlike, because sometimes they have great offers and discounts (this is the list for, so you can compare the prices).
Then, look up in airbnb, I used to rent the full apartment, but you also have the option to book just a room. Depending on how many people you are travelling with, it can be cheaper than a hostel. In both there are discounts for booking for one week or more. In the hostels, they make you a discount if you have the ‘Hostelling International Membership’ card.
In airbnb, if you send an invitation to a friend to register, you and your friend get discounts. In the trip I made in September (Edinburgh-Copenhagen-Paris) we saved 90€ more or less thanks to these discounts.
When I travel to Helsinki in New Year, we went to a hostel and spent there around 10 days, and they make us a discount for staying more than a week. We saved almost 10€ each day (it was a triple room and we paid for each bed, not for the room).
If you travel alone and you want to meet the locals and the culture, you can rent a house in airbnb (because usually, you are there with the owner) or in couchsurfing, which, if I remember correctly, it is free. I did not use couchsurfing but I know people who did and they told me that it was a great experience, and most important, that it was safe.

And… this is all for this month!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario