miércoles, 28 de febrero de 2018

[ENG] Publishing news: MARCH 2018

Tomorrow begins March and, like every month, here we leave the publishing news of this month that we most want to read.  What do you think? Is there any other book that you want to read during this month? Is there a book that you have been waiting for?


MARTA’S PROPOSAL:

Abstract:
My name is Yeray Ayala and I have a secret. This book you have in your hands contains my story, that of other misfits and the key that unites us all: we have powers. Yes, I know, you're going to think that this is fiction. Everyone does the same, because you are bored that you have stopped believing in magic. As soon as I discovered that I could disappear and reappear where I wanted, I also told myself it was impossible. After that, it was special. That made me take advantage, of course, and used my power for things that are not very legal ... But let's not talk about that. The important thing is that, when an organization that is dedicated to catching people like I was captured, I discovered that it was far from being an isolated case. CIRCE is that organization. Its objective? Reconditioning all of us who use our powers in a bad way. Become heroes But who wants to be a hero and can be an antihero?

SARAH’S PROPOSAL:

Abstract:
A few years ago, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie received a letter from a dear friend from childhood, asking her how to raise her baby girl as a feminist. Dear Ijeawele is Adichie's letter of response.

Here are fifteen invaluable suggestions–compelling, direct, wryly funny, and perceptive–for how to empower a daughter to become a strong, independent woman. From encouraging her to choose a helicopter, and not only a doll, as a toy if she so desires; having open conversations with her about clothes, makeup, and sexuality; debunking the myth that women are somehow biologically arranged to be in the kitchen making dinner, and that men can "allow" women to have full careers, Dear Ijeawele goes right to the heart of sexual politics in the twenty-first century. It will start a new and urgently needed conversation about what it really means to be a woman today.

ROCÍO’S PROPOSAL:

Abstract: An enchanting story from Maggie Stiefvater featuring Opal, Ronan, and Adam from her bestselling Raven Cycle, taking place after the events of “The Raven King” (The Raven Cycle #4, that I will soon review).


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario